The Development Manager role is a great opportunity to join a strong Chapter team and work closely with the VP of Development, local leadership and an outstanding group of volunteers to increase the reach and impact of Make-A-Wish®
Greater Los Angeles (MAWGLA). .
The Development Manager will manage, evaluate, and expand campaigns that build and strengthen links to potential and existing volunteers and donors and grow the Chapter’s revenue through increased corporate, individual, volunteer, and other community involvement. He or she will organize and coordinate appropriate committees with volunteers to expand fundraising and non-fundraising programs.
The Development Manager will be the staff lead for External Events Program as well as the annual Walk for Wishes. This position supervises volunteers and committees related to these programs.
- Serves as point person for assigned External Events and Walk programs providing year-round, campaign-minded strategic and tactical planning and execution.
- Stewards and cultivates individual relationships in support of MAWGLA
- Works with staff leadership to formulate short and long term plans for event and market growth and sustainability.
- Understands and works with all Walk and Event online tools (Luminate Online).
- Identifies and builds revenue oriented relationships within the community, corporate and individual/family constituent groups.
- Works closely with Community Outreach staff and volunteers to help build and strengthen pipelines.
- Identify, recruit, cultivate and steward volunteer leadership committee members for Walk and other development opportunities.
- Works with staff leadership in developing assigned event budgets and timelines.
- Manages event logistics following timelines and MAWGLA parameters
- Participates in staff and volunteer meetings representing objectives and needs for assigned duties.
- Represents the best interests, professionalism and integrity of MAWGLA in all activities and relationships and a commitment to organizational standards and leadership by personal example.
- Perform other duties assigned by the VP of Development
- Five + (5+) years of fundraising or business experience.
- Knowledge of fundraising and non-event fundraising activities is a must.
- Candidate must be a self-starter.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Strong computer literacy with ability to create event support documents and presentations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed
Please, submit your cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org