Make-A-Wish Greater Los Angeles creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses throughout LA County. One of 60 national chapters, Make-A-Wish Greater LA has reached over 10,000 children throughout Los Angeles since its inception 35 years ago. For more information, visit www.la.wish.org or see us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
This position is responsible for: managing referrals, medical eligibility paperwork and the administration of wish assists for Make-A-Wish Greater Los Angeles. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks in addition to those specifically presented in this description.
Director, Community Engagement
Act as Make-A-Wish liaison with local medical community.
- Manage referral intake, eligibility, and data management related to new referrals.
- Track status of outstanding medical eligibility paperwork and conduct follow-up calls.
- Update database upon receipt of medical eligibility paperwork.
- Generate and mail letters of ineligibility.
- Contact wish families for welcome calls. Collect and record information accurately in database.
- Update, assemble, and send welcome packets.
- Maintain positive working relationships with staff, volunteers, doctors, social workers, wish families, and donors.
- Create wish children records in The Raiser’s Edge.
- Create hard copy files for each child.
- Create itineraries.
- Asist with wish requests.
- Assist with monthly internal newsletter
- Send out vendor “thank you” notes post wish.
- Duties as assigned.
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in English and Spanish.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Phone experience required.
- Data entry experience required.
The ideal candidate possesses a passionate commitment to our mission and would have:
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Proven record of high-quality customer service.
- Ability to follow and share internal procedures and requirements.
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills.
- Detailed and well organized.
- Able to successfully work in a collaborative, team-oriented organization.
Interested applicants should email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org