Purpose or Mission Statement
The Young Professional Council (YPC) is a significant resource to Make-A-Wish Greater Los Angeles Area, its Board of Directors and the children they serve. YPC works as an extension to the Board of Directors by acting as ambassadors for Make-A-Wish through fundraising, promotion, networking, volunteering and general advocacy of our mission: To grant wishes to children with critical illnesses to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. The council, which helps to develop the next generation of MAWLA leadership, is comprised of professionals in the entertainment, sports, finance, law and silicon beach startups, under 45 years old, who are passionate about being active and philanthropic members of their community.
The council is comprised of 2 co-chairpersons, the executive team, cabinet members, and general members. All members have an annual give/get goal of $1000
Co-Chairs Roles & Responsibilities
Executive Member Roles & Responsibilities
- Guide, build and grow the YPC for MAWLA
- Be liaisons between the MAWLA board, staff & the YPC
- Recruit influential, philanthropic networkers to lead the executive team
- Help to shape the direction and future of leadership for MAWLA
Cabinet Member Roles & Responsibilities
- A community influencer and leader who can leverage their large network to participate in YPC events as well as donate their time, talents and/or money to MAWLA
- Have drive and passion for giving back
- Dedicated leadership to help drive fundraising and awareness for MAWLA & YPC
- Be passionate about the MAW cause
- Contribute your unique skills & knowledge to a global brand
- Engage with new people and make important connections
- Serve as a Make-A-Wish® advocates and ambassadors at events
- Bring hope, strength and joy to Los Angeles children in need
- Promote and champion the efforts of the YPC
- Follow the standards and guidelines outlined by Make-A-Wish®
The committee will meet at least four times a year and additionally when necessary at the call of the committee chair.
New Members Process
Executive members will be selected by the co-chairs
Cabinet members can be nominated by any member of the YPC and must pass an interview with the co-chairs
Sign up, hang out and help raise funds and awareness to an amazing cause!
For more information, please contact Marc Sawyer at firstname.lastname@example.org .