MAKE-A-WISH® GREATER LOS ANGELES’
9TH ANNUAL “WALK FOR WISHES”®
SATURDAY, APRIL 23, 2016
Greater Los Angeles’ 9th Annual “Walk for Wishes” at Exposition Park
- Join wish kids and their families, along with walkers from all across the city
- Celebrate the thousands of wishes that have been granted
- Raise the funds needed to grant 350 wishes this year to children in Greater LA
The walk culminates with activities and fun for the whole family, including face painting, food trucks, raffle prizes and more.
- Wish Pillars: I Wish to BE, I wish to GO, I wish to HAVE and I wish to MEET come to life. Walkers can experience wish adventures and meet many favorite characters, including Barbie, Alvin the Chipmunk, the Frigo Cheesehead and many more.
- Wishing Well: Make a wish of your own – and help make a wish come true for a child.
WHEN: Saturday, April 23, 2016 / 8:00 a.m. – Noon
8:00 a.m. Registration opens
8:30 a.m. Walk ceremonies begin
9:00 a.m. Walk commences
9:30 a.m. Wish Village opens; activities till 12:00 Noon
Exposition Park / 700 Exposition Park Drive / Los Angeles, CA 90037
Parking is located at the entrance to the Los Angeles Coliseum off of Figueroa Street.
($15 cash only)
Make-A-Wish® grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
- Megan Henderson, KTLA News Anchor
- Wish Kid Ambassadors and their families
- Make-A-Wish Greater Los Angeles leadership
- A wish is more than a nice thing – it has a lasting impact on a child’s life.
- 89% of health professionals surveyed believe a wish-come-true can have positive impacts on children’s health. *
- Kids say wishes give them renewed strength to fight their illnesses. *
- Parents say these experiences help strengthen the entire family. *
(*According to a 2011 U.S. wish impact study.)
Now in its 33rd year, the Greater Los Angeles Chapter has granted more than 9,000 wishes.